Pioneer Blu-Ray player first to support all surround sound formats
Pioneer have announced the Pioneer BDP-95FD, a cool looking fully specced top-end Bl-ray DVD player. The BP-95FD is the first Blu-ray player to support all four HD-level surruond sound formats (Dolby Digital Plus, TrueHD, DTS-HD High Resolution and Master Audio – yes, as if HD TV technology wasn’t confusing enough with all the different resolutions, screen refresh rates and what not, there’s also four variants of surround sound!)
Better still, it also comes with DLNA-support and Ethernet, enabling you to share your videos with any DLNA-equipped device that’s also connected to your Ethernet network. Add 24fps playback speeds and HDMI 1.3 with enhanced colour, and you have one seriously feature-rich DVD player. Looks cool, too!
The Pioneer BDP-95FD release date is October 2007, priced around $1000.
- Pioneer BDP-LX70 Blu-Ray player with DLNA
- Store the Web in a box with the 4TB Bit-Torrent iPhone Friendly Buffalo NAS
- Buffalo Network Storage LinkStation Quad offers BitTorrent and 4TB of storage
- TransTechnology DVX-700 media streamer chooses Google Video over YouTube
- Addonics brings DIY NAS to the masses